Young Farmers' club Headquarters
- A movement developed through the 4H organization which was established in Iowa Province of the United States of America in 1903.
- The movements of Young Farmers’ were established in Sri Lanka under the regime of Right Honorable D.S.Senanayake in the decade of 1950s.
- Inception of the movement of Young Farmers’ Club was taken place in Pallewela, Keenadeniya Vidyalaya in Colombo District in the year 1951.
- The movement of Young Farmers’ Club was launched as a pilot project in Pallewela , Keenadeniya Village in the year 1952.
- Extension and Training Centre of the Department of Agriculture was entrusted with the responsibility to establish Young Farmers’ Clubs in 3550 villages and to recruit 100000 members to the movement in the year 1957.
- The Young Farmers’ Clubs was established in Sri Lanka as a recognized movement after the passing the Bill in the parliament with a majority, tabled by Mr. Philip Gunawaradane, the Hon. Minister of Agriculture and Food in the year 1957.
- Accordingly, Head Quarters of the Young Farmers’ Clubs was established at Galaha on 03.01.1959.
The movement of young Farmers’ Clubs has established on 4H concept
Assistant Director of Agriculture