Climate requirements/ Areas suitable for cultivation
Water supply/ Irrigation
Causal Organism: Plasmodiaphora brassicae
- Swelling or malformation on the main lateral roots those are called club rootsand those galls appear like clubs or spindles on the roots
- The crop can be completely destroyed due to damage
- Keeping the soil at a slightly basic pH of 7.1 -7.2 by the addition of agricultural lime and apply 2- 4 t/ha of lime to raise soil pH.
- Use of disease free planting materials
- As well as the integration of crop rotation
Causal Organism : Fusarium , Phythium , Rhizoactonia spp.
- Damping-off kills seedlings before or soon after they emerge. Seedlings that emerge develop a lesion near where the tender stem contacts the soil surface
- Sterilize the soil with fungicide (Thiphinate, methyl / Thiram) or burning
- Drench the nursery beds with fungicide solution
Harvesting and Processing
This page will be available soon…
Till then, please access the Sinhala language page through below link.