ARS (Kalpitiya) - Research and Publications
Seed and planting material production
To produce Quality seeds and planting materials
Brinjal -5kg, Bittergourd -1kg, Mae-A-9 -1 kg, Okra and Manioc 7500 sticks.
To release New variety
Evaluation of Exotic vegetable varieties
To release New variety
Open pollinated Varity development programme of Okra – (G8) Generation
To release New variety
Hybridization programme of Okra
To develop hybrid okra variety
- Comparative Assessment of Vegetable Crop Performances and Ecological Indicators during Transition from Conventional to Ecological Agriculture. L.H.P. Gunaratne, K.S. Hemachandra, Y.M.K. Kumudumali, N.K.G.K. R. Manawasinghe, H.G.A.S. Sathischandra, J.M.Soorasena, T.H.M.U.M. Thelasinghe, W.S.P.Y. Upali, W.A.P. Weerakkody, K.W.L.K. Weerasinghe, S.B.A. Weerawarna. Proceeding of the peradeniya University International Research Session, Sri Lanka -2019, vol.22
- Soil testing Kits as an alternative to laboratory soil testing for Soil pH, exchangeable K and available P in Sri Lankan soils. D.N.Sirisena, N.R.NSilva , K.K.K.Nawarathne, Ananda Weerawarna , Dharshani Jayamanne , Amoda Mayakaduwa , Upul Rathnayake , I.T.Karuneinadhan , Wasantha Malaviarchchi , Geethika Rupasinghe , Thilak Munasinghe , Kusala Kumuduni , Thilini Roshhima, Priyantha Weerasinghe.Department of Agriculture, Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. 14th International conference of the East and South East Asia Federation soil science, (ESAFS) Taiwan 2019 Session 13-7
- Development of pomegranate Hybrids.S.A.S.M.Kumari, S.B.A.Weerawarna, M.Fahim, R.P.D.Randunu, M.Ikrum, H.M.Sarathwimala and K.N.Kannangara.Annals of Sri Lanka Department of Agriculture 2017.19(1):36-59
- E.R.S.P.Edirimanna, R.G.A.S.Rajapaksa, S.B.A.Weerawarna, S.Puspakumari, B.G.Amarasena and T.kirinde.Effect of different psidium rootstocks on the control of root knot nematode and growth and yield of guava (Psidium guajava L.) Annals of Sri Lanka Department of Agriculture 2016.18:46-49.
- L.G.I.Samanmalie, S.B.A.Weerawarna, Anoma rohini and K.G.G.Indika.Callus Induction and plant regeneration pomegranate (Punica granatum) using leaf explants.Annals of Sri Lanka Department of Agriculture 2016.18:297
- H.M.P.T.K.Hettigedara, M.A.P.W.K.Mallawaarachchi, MG.S.P.Pathirana G.S.K.DeSilva, S.D.S.Yapa, S.B.A.Weerawarna, R.D.L.L.C.Jayarathne and R.P.D.Randunu. Feasibility studies for big onion mother bulb production during off seasons.Annals of Sri Lanka Department of Agriculture 2015.17:204-221
- S.B.A.Weerawarna, W.M.J.Bandara, H.L.M.Jinadari lanka, V.R.U.B.Menike and N.Somarathna.“Biological Soil Test kit “A Tool for Identification of Nutrient Deficiencies and Testing Soil Specific Fertilizer Recommendation for Rice.Rice Congress 2010, Abstracts of posters 50-51.
- H.L.M.Jinadari lanka, D.N.Sirisena, S.B.A.Weerawarna and W.M.J.Bandara.“Sustainable Rice production from no fertilized Rice land for last 20 Years”Rice Congress 2010, Abstracts of posters 21.
- W.M.J.Bandara, S.B.A.Weerawarna and V.R.U.B.Menike .Effect of Integrated Use of Organic and Inorganic Fertilizer on growth and yield of rice grown to kurunegala soil series in low country intermediate zone of Sri Lanka.The 9th international conference of the East and Southeast Asia Federation of soil science societies, (ESAFS) Seoul, Korea. 2008: 616-617
- W.M.J.Bandara, D.Kumaragamage, D.B.Wickramasingha and S.B.A.Weerawarna.“A new approach to supply balanced nutrient requirement for rice grown in galwewa soil series in low country dry zone of Sri Lanka” The 8th international conference of the East and SoutheastAsiaFederationsoilscience,(ESAFS) Tsukuba,japan,Oct,22-23, 2007.
- W.M.J.Bandara, D.Kumaragamage, D.B.Wickramasingha and S.B.A.Weerawarna.“A new technique ‘Biological Soil Test kit’ for identification of nutrient deficiencies and testing and testing Soil specific fertilizer recommendation for Rice”.The 8th international conference of the East and Southeast Asia federation of soil science, (ESAFS) Tsukuba, japan, Oct, 22-23, 2007.
- W.M.J.Bandara, S.B.A.Weerawarna and V.R.U.B.Menike“Contribution of Micronutrients in organic manures for growth and Yield of rice grown in batalagoda soil series of low country intermediate zone”Annals of Sri Lanka Department of Agriculture 2006.08:19-28.
- W.M.J.Bandara, D.Kumaragamage, D.B.Wickramasingha and S.B.A.Weerawarna.“A Site Specific Fertilizer Recommendation for Rice grown in imperfectly drained Reddish Brown Earth soils in low country dry zone of Sri Lanka”Tropical Agricultural Research 2006 Vol.18: 48-62
- W.M.J.Bandara, D.Kumaragamage, D.B.Wickramasingha and S.B.A.Weerawarna.“Site Specific nutrient management strategy to increase Rice yield in low country intermediate zone”Soil science society of Sri Lanka 2005 Vol. 17:32-43