Rice In Sri Lanka - Pests of Rice
A pest of young rice seedlings. Adult and nymphs suck the cell sap from the leaf tissues.Damaged leaves roll inwards along the margins, feeding cause leaf drying resulting poor crop growth.
- The damage is severe under water stress conditions.
- Late planted crops are more prone for damage
Resistant Rice varieties for thrips;
Short duration traditional rice varieties such as;
Higher trichome density on leaf surface found to be responsible for thrips resistance in rice.
- Submerge infested crops intermittently for 1-2 days.
- Drag a wet cloth on the seedlings
- Apply recommended insecticides if difficult to control
- For endemic areas use a recommended seed-dressing formulation
- Seasonal cultivation
මෙම වෙබ් පිටුව සැකසෙමින් පවතී…
එතෙක් මෙහි ඉංග්රීසි බසින් ඇති වෙබ් පිටුව වෙත පහත සබැදිය මගින් යොමු වන්න.