REGIONAL AGRICULTURE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CENTRE – KILINOCHCHI
PLANT PATHOLOGY DIVISION
Achieve excellence in Plant Pathology Research and Development on other Field crops and Horticulture crops in Northern Region. A major focus of this division is to do a scientific study of plant diseases caused by the pathogen, environment, and host relationship and control of plant disease.
OBJECTIVES OF PLANT PATHOLOGY DIVISION
- Conduct the field crops and regional mandatory crops-related plant pathology research activities.
- Providing plant disease diagnostic and plant clinical services for farmers.
- Develop new technologies and biochemical approaches for plant disease control.
- Identification of diseases in field crops in regional mandatory crops.
- Identification of resistant/ tolerant germplasm, varieties, landraces in the northern region, and exotic hybrids for major diseases
- Screening of fungicides to control major diseases
- Development of cultural pest control techniques.
- Development of integrated disease management (IDM) packages.
- Identification and evaluation of biological plant Diseases controlling agent
- Develop the Commercial Mushroom cultivation Technology
RESEARCH OFFICER IN CHARGE OF SECTION
MR. P.G.H.M.S.N HERATH
Assistant Director of Agriculture (Research)
Regional Agriculture Research and Development Centre