Major Activities of Quarantine Operation Division
1. Coordination with stakeholders on plant quarantine matters.
2. Coordination of Export plant nursery inspection and preparation of final test reports as supporting documents to issue phytosanitary certificates.
3. Coordination of activities between the ports of entry and laboratories in testing samples and compilation of final test reports required to release imported consignment.
4. Destruction of prohibited, problematic or pest infected materials submitted to the National plant protection service (NPQS) laboratories.
5. Handling of post Entry quarantine activities.
6. Organizing training and awareness programmes for stakeholders and general public.
7. Information exchange related to plant quarantine matters with other National Plant Protection Organization (NPPOs)
8. Compiling documents related to administrative activities, financial and physical progress etc.
9. Advisory services on phytosanitary matters for stakeholders.