Any plant or plant products imported to Sri Lanka must refer to Plant Quarantine Station, Terminal 4 of Bandaranaike International Airport,Katunayakefor plant quarantine clearance and to confirm that there is no biosecurity risk.
Plant quarantine clearance will be granted only after inspection of each commodity to confirm that there is no biosecurity risk to Sri Lanka, checking validity of each document and each permits condition. Detection of any pest contamination, violation of permit conditions or false documents is subjected to detain the consignment for destruction or re-export upon the decision of the plant Quarantine Officer. A fee of Rs. 150.00 will be charged for each consignment.
Some Import Conditions for Orchid plants
- Live plants
- Unrooted cuttings
- Dried Herbs
- Fresh Flowers Etc…
Necessary Documents for Import Clearance:
- Original copy of Import Permit issued by National Plant Quarantine Service, Department of Agriculture, Sri Lanka
- Original copies of Phytosanitary certificate issued by Exporting country
- Treatment certificates if asked on import permit Eg: Fumigation Certificates for fresh flowers, seeds etc.
- International Seed Testing Association (ISTA)certificates for Vegetable seeds
- Additional Declarations as per the import permit
- Certificate of Origin
- Packing list
- Airway Bill
- Other relevant documents mentioned on Import Permit Eg: Non GMO Certificates,