REGIONAL AGRICULTURE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CENTRE – KILINOCHCHI
PLANT PATHOLOGY DIVISION
Achieve excellence in Plant Pathology Research and Development on other Field crops and Horticulture crops in Northern Region. A major focus of this division is to do a scientific study of plant diseases caused by the pathogen, environment, and host relationship and control of plant disease.
OBJECTIVES OF PLANT PATHOLOGY DIVISION
- Conduct the field crops and regional mandatory crops-related plant pathology research activities.
- Providing plant disease diagnostic and plant clinical services for farmers.
- Develop new technologies and biochemical approaches for plant disease control.
- Identification of diseases in field crops in regional mandatory crops.
- Identification of resistant/ tolerant germplasm, varieties, landraces in the northern region, and exotic hybrids for major diseases
- Screening of fungicides to control major diseases
- Development of cultural pest control techniques.
- Development of integrated disease management (IDM) packages.
- Identification and evaluation of biological plant Diseases controlling agent
- Develop the Commercial Mushroom cultivation Technology
RESEARCH OFFICER IN CHARGE OF SECTION
MR. P.G.H.M.S.N HERATH
Assistant Director of Agriculture (Research)
Regional Agriculture Research and Development Centre
මෙම වෙබ් පිටුව සැකසෙමින් පවතී…
එතෙක් මෙහි ඉංග්රීසි බසින් ඇති වෙබ් පිටුව වෙත පහත සබැදිය මගින් යොමු වන්න.