Plant Breeding Divisions
Mandate of the Division
To develop high yielding other field crop varieties (Open pollinated & Hybrid) with resistant or tolerant to biotic & abiotic stress conditions and adaptable to local environmental conditions.
Other Field Crops:
- Coarse Grains: Maize, Finger millet, Sorghum and Other millets.
- Condiments: Chilli, Big Onion and Red Onion.
- Grain Legumes: Mungbean, Blackgram, Cowpea, Soybean, Pigeon Pea and Horsegram.
- Oil Seed Crops: Ground nut, Sesame, Sunflower and Mustard.
- Fruits, Vegetables and Rice