TP : +94 812 388217 E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Services & Programs
- Implementation of Seed Act 2003 no 22
- Certification of the quality of basic seeds of rice, vegetable, OFC,potato and planting materials before multiplication.
- Certification of the quality commercial seeds and planting materials of Rice, Vegetables, Other Field Crops (OFC) and Potatoes and planting materials.
- Fruit plant certification and fruit plant nursery registration.
- Selection and registration of suitable Fruit Mother Plants.
- Laboratory testing of local and imported seeds for germination, viability, purity and moisture.
- Conducting Post -control grow out trials for imported and locally produced seeds to evaluate the quality and performance of seed and planting materials in the field.
- Conducting test on Distinctness, Uniformity and Stability (DUS) testing, prior to release of new crop varieties.
- Conducting seed health testing to assure disease free seeds.
- Training and awareness for Seed growers, Nurserymen, Seed men and Officers on quality seeds and planting material production in relation to Seed Act and Seed Certification Standards.
- Find out solutions to overcome problems on quality seed and planting material production by conducting applied seed technology research programs.
- Seed quality development and promotion activities.
- Quality assurance of storage seed lots by testing and lot breaking.
- Denominations of imported vegetable and OFC seeds prior to marketing.
- Database management and monitoring.
- Publishing Fruit nurserymen Directory annually and seed producer’s Directory seasonally.
- Certification of seed paddy.
- Certification of vegetable seeds.
- Certification of Other field crops.
- Certification of seed potato.
- Certification of fruit plants.
- Registration of mother plants.
- Certification of breeder seeds.
- DUS (Distinctness, Uniformity, Stability) Testing.
- Seed Testing (Local and Imported Seeds).
- Implementation of Seed Act.
- Seed health testing and Seed researches.
- Publishing of guidelines and relevant booklets of seed certification procedure and Seed Act.