Activities & Programs
- Supervision of implementation of relevant regulations and standards for the production of high quality planting materials and formulating appropriate plans and policies pertaining to certification of seed and planting material.
- Supervision of the official control system for the import and export seeds, plants and plant products.
- Strengthening national plant health system through effective pest management strategies.
- Supervision of implementation of relevant regulations of the Control of Pesticides Act to facilitate safe and effective use of pesticides.
- Supervision of management of plant genetic resources of food crops.
- Enforcement of regulatory functions pertaining to Seed Act, Plant Protection Act and Control of Pesticides Act.
- Supervision and evaluation of the technical and financial progress of the institutes under administration of the Seed Certification and Plant Protection Centre.