ARS (தெலிஜவில) ஆய்வு மற்றும் வெளியீடுகள்
Expected Outputs/ Benefits
Development of lenairi type brinjal F1-Hybrid
To develop lenairi type brinjal F1-Hybrid
High quality, high yielding F1-lenairi hybrids
Development of high yielding, high quality, basal rot tolerant polon mae variety
To develop of high yielding, high quality, basal rot tolerant polon mae variety
Complete the F3 generations
Year round planting material production of Innala (Solenastemon rotundifolius)through tissue culture for agronomic studies
Availability of quality planting materials
Production of Pest and disease free planting materials
Improvement of BW11 (Padagoda) variety through hybridization and selection
To protect fruit quality of Padagoda
Hybridization and production of F1 seeds
Study the effect of mix cropping with ginger(Zingiber officinale) and earthing up intervals to control sweet potato weevil. (ongoing)
To control sweet potato weevil. (ongoing)
Develop IPM programme
Survey and identification of pests and their damage in leafy vegetables in Matara and Galle district (250 farmers
To identify pests and their damage in leafy vegetables in Matara and Galle district
Develop pest control method
Study the efficacy of selected Botanicals use as a insecticides against pest in Mukunuwanna (Alternanthera sessiles)
Study the efficacy of selected Botanicals use as a insecticides against pest in Mukunuwanna (Alternanthera sessiles
Control pests using botanicals
and avoid using more pesticides
Development of a farmer friendly cost effective method for easy harvesting of Katu ala (Dioscorea pentaphylla spp.)
Identify farmer friendly cost effective method for easy harvesting of Katu ala (Dioscorea pentaphylla spp.)
Popularization of Wel ala to home gardens.
Improvement of marketing quality of cassava (Manihot esculenta) Variety “Kirikawadi”
To improvr marketing quality of cassawa
Development of the peduncle
Evaluate the relationship between angle of stem cutting and pattern of tuber formation in order to obtain export quality cassava (variety: Kirikawadi)
To obtain export quality cassava (variety-Kirikawadi)
Increase the marketable value of variety Kirikawadi
Evaluation of yield of cassava (variety: Kirikawadi) propagated up to 5th reproductive branch
Increase planting material availability
Increased the availability of planting materials.
Impact of stem cutting harvesting on crop yield of sweet potato (Ipomoea batata)
Increase planting material availability
Increased the availability of planting materials and identify the possibility to use sweet potato leaves as a leafy vegetable.
Development of high yielding high consumer demanding short duration cassava (Manihot esculenta) variety
To develop short aged cassawa variety
Increased commercial value of cassava
Development of high yielding short duration sweet potato (Ipomoea batata) variety
To develop short aged sweet potato variety
Development of a consumer preferred variety with higher yields
Regional performances of lines
Identify a better okra variety for Matara district
Evaluate the adaptability of Pluerotus ostreatus a strain from china for growing under local conditions (priliminary study)
To develop new mushroom variety
High yielding mushroom strain
Optimization of cultivation protocol for milky type mushrooms (Domesticated wild mushroom)
To identify the cultivation protocol for milky type mushroom
High yielding mushroom variety
Introducing Juncao technology in Oyster mushroom cultivation
To introduce Juncao technology
Efficient and more economical substrate for mushroom cultivation
Effect of different botanicals for Cercospora leaf spot disease in leafy vegetable cultivation LWZ
To identify effective botanicals for leaf spot disease
Environmental friendly disease management package
- Ranawaka L.K, Shyamalee H.A.P.A. 2020. Morphological diversity in twenty Capsicum chinense accessions. International Symposium on Agriculture and Environment, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Ruhuna.
- Umesha B.G.S, Hemachandra K.S. Shyamalee H.A.P.A., 2020. Evaluation of the performances of bean varieties under insect pest infestation. Proceedings, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Peradeniya.
- Karunathilaka, P.H.K.A and Siriwardana, G.L., 2019. Potential new Oyster mushroom strains for Sri Lanka, 6th Ruhuna International Technology Conference, Faculty of Science, University of Ruhuna.
- Kalhari, D.L.S. , Gunasekara , G.D.M., Wijesekara, I, Weerasuriya, M, Wickramasinghe, I. 2019. Flour analysis and development of glutan-free muffins from traditional yam-Maha angiliala. Symposium on Agrobiodiversity for climate change adaptation food and nutrition. Plant Genetic, Resource Centre Gannoruwa, Peradeniya.
- Shirani, D.A., K.A.C. Niroshani, R. H. T. Ishara and P.D. Abeysinghe 2018. Development of embryogenic callus cultures of kolikuttu banana variety Agra. Annals of Sri Lanka Department of Agriculture 20:157.
- Shirani, D.A., K.A.C. Niroshani, P.D. Abeysinghe and S. Abeysinghe 2018. In-vitro screening of ethyl methanesulfonate (EMS) treated shoot tips of banana for Fusarium wilt using crude culture filtrates of different Fusarium oxysporum isolates. Paper presented at RISTCON 2018, University of Ruhuna
- A. Shirani, G.C. Prasadi. Production of quality planting materials of orchids (Sinhala article). Published in “Govikam Sangarawa:48(4): 6-11.
- H. Ruwanpathirana, M.B. Weerasuriya. 2018. Root and tuber crops as climate resilient crops in Sri Lanka (Sinhala article). Published “Dakshina Krushi Nawodaya”
- Shirani, D.A., K.A.C. Niroshani and P.D. Abeysinghe. 2017. In-vitro screening of kolikuttu banana (silk) for fusarium wilt (Fusarium oxysporum f.sp. cubense). (Short communication) Annals of Sri Lanka Department of Agriculture 19(2):274-279.
- Shirani, D.A., B. R. Ubeysinghe and M.K.T.K. Amarasinghe. 2017. In-vitro regeneration of Phalaenopsis orchid through flower stalk. Paper presented at National Symposium of Floriculture Research at RBG, Peradeniya on 31st Oct. 2017.
- Shirani, D.A., K.A.C. Niroshani, A.W. Gaminie and P.D. Abeysinghe 2016. Determination of optimum dosage of the mutagen ethyl methanesulphonate (EMS) for mass treatment of shoot tips of banana variety ‘Agra’. Sri Lanka Journal of Food and Agriculture 2(2): 1-9.
- Shyamalee, H.A.P.A., J. K. J. Chandika, P. A. P. Suranjika 2017. Morphological variation and characterization of local mungbean germplasm. Sri Lanka Journal of Food and Agriculture 2(2): 1-9.
- C.Prasadi, D.L.Wathugala and K.L.A.W.Harsha Kumara (2017). Pesticide usage in vegetable cultivation in Matara District , Proceeding 2017, faculty of Agriculture, University of Ruhuna, Matara
- C.Prasadi, D.L.Wathugala and K.L.A.W. Harsha Kumara (2017). Integrated pest management practice used by vegetable farmers in Matara District , Annual Symposium of Department of Agriculture (ASDA 2017) – short communication
- C.Prasadi, D.A.B.N. Amarasekara, K.L.A.W.Harsha Kumara and N.S.Liyanapathirana (2017) Present status and future implications of floriculture sector in Matara District , National symposium Floriculture Research at RBG, Peradeniya on 31st Oct. 2017.
- A.Shirani, G.C.Prasadi and D.S. Kadawathaarachchi “ Production of quality plants of orchid” (Sinhala) article for Gowikam Sagarawa submitted for publication.
- Rajapakse, J.C., Karunatilaka, H.K.A., and Siriwardena, G.L (2016).“Potential use of biochar in growth substrate for Pleurotus ostreatus cultivation” accepted for oral presentation at the International Society for Mushroom Science, held in Amstedam, The Netherlands. 19th May -2nd June 2016.
- Rajapakse, J.C., Nanayakkara, C.M., Karunatilaka,H.K.A., and Siriwardena, G.L. (2016). Yield performance of Pleurotus ostreatus cultivated on five different growth substrates. Proc. Annual Research Symposium, University of Colombo.Pp285. 11-22 October 2016.
- Effect of natural extracts and Plant Growth Regulators on Dendrobium orchids. Authored by P.I. Ranawaka, D.A. Shirani and S.J.B.A. Jayasekara. Published in Proceedings of 15th Agricultural Research Symposium on 28-29th June 2016.
- Some Low Cost options on in-vitro propagation of Dendrobium orchids. Authored by D.A. Shirani, K.A.C. Niroshani, J.S. Mutumali and D.S. Kadawatharachchi were published at National Symposium on Floriculture research, 2016 at Royal Botanic garden, Peradeniya.
- Prasadi ,G.C.,D.L.Wathugala (2016) Assessment of pesticide usage in leafy vegtable farming in Matara district , Annals of the Sri Lanka Department of Agriculture, 18 :156-160
- Prasadi, G.C., N.S.Liyanapathirana (2016) Assessment of socio economic impact of Weligama Coconut Wilt Diasease (WCWD); a case study Weligama DS division. A poster presented during 18th Annual symposium of the Sri Lanka Department of Agriculture help in 8-9 September, Peradeniya, Sri Lanka.- poster presentation
- Shyamalee H.A.P.A., Janaki.K.L.C., V.G.A Wishvajith. and K.K. Madhushani “Rasa guna piri Innala” Govikam Sangarawa. Department of Agriculture, Peradeniya.Vol:47, No 02.
- Shyamalee H.A.P.A., “Innala wagakara ganimu atha mita sarukara” (2016) Govikam Sangarawa. Department of Agriculture, Peradeniya. Vol:47, No 03.
- Shirani, D.A, W.G.M. Surangi and D.S. Kadawatharachchi, Gypsophila paniculata: A potential floricultural crop for Low Country Wet Zone. Paper presented at National Symposium on Floriculture Research at Royal Botanic Garden, Peradeniya, on 21st . December, 2015.
- A research paper on “Status of edible and medicinal mushroom research in Sri Lanka” was presented at 8th International conference on mushroom biology and mushroom product in India.
- Cultivation of Baby’s breath (Sinhala) in “Lankadeepa “14th of July, 2015
- Rajapakse, J.C (2014). Status of edible and medicinal mushroom research in Sri Lanka. Proc. 8th International conference on Mushroom Biology and Mushroom Products. Vol. II pp 417-421.
- Samanthi, J.A., H.M.P.S. Kumari, H.A.L.H.K. Herath, D.A.Shirani and M.M. Nugaliyadde, 2013. Development of in-vitro establishment and multiplication technology from gerbera flower buds. Annals of the Sri Lanka Department of Agriculture 15:305-309.
- Shyamalee, H.A.P.A 2012. “IPANELLE MUNG WAWAMU”. GOVIKAM SANGARAWA January –March 2012 , 43 –volume 01.(ISSN-1391-5703) Department of Agriculture.
- Wanniarachchi, S. D. and Shyamalee, H. A. P. A. 2005. Monitoring soil quality in low country wet zone agricultural lands: identifying soil quality indicators responsive to land management. Proceedings of the 61st Annual Sessions of the Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science. Colombo, Sri Lanka. pp. 15-16.
- Wanniarachchi, S. D., and Shyamalee, H. A. P. A. 2004. Soil organic matter and wet aggregate stability in a low country wet zone Ultisol as affected by land use. Proceedings of the 60th Annual Sessions of the Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science. Colombo, Sri Lanka. p. 92.
- Wanniarachchi, S. D. and H. A. P. A. Shyamalee 2004. Influence of land management on soil quality indicators in an Ultisol in Sri Lanka. Eurosoil 2004, September 4-12, 2004, Freiburg, Germany.