ARS (சீதாஎலிய) - ஆராய்ச்சி மற்றும் வெளியீடுகள்
|2||Assessment of the impact of diamond back moth management strategies in integrated programme on cabbage in Up Country of Sri Lanka||To assess the effectiveness of selected DBM management strategies when implemented as an IPM package in managing the DBM in cabbage crop in Up Country region of Sri Lanka||Minimize the usage of insecticides|
|3||Management of root maggot (Delia spp) of cruciferous crops and leeks||To develop effective environmental friendly farmer accepted IPM package||Development of sound pest management strategies to control Root maggot|
|4||Efficacy testing of new insecticides and weedicide against pest of potato and up country vegetables||Recommended new effective and safer insecticides and weedicide||Update chemical pesticide recommendation|
|1||Breeding of Potato for the Up Country Area||To develop high yielding (> 30 t/ha) potato varieties with late blight resistant||Availability of potato germplasm for breeding|
|Production of potato clones with high yielding potential and late blight resistance|
|Availability of very-early potato lines for early generation selection|
|Availability of promising potato lines for replicated yield trials|
|2||Breeding of temperate type carrots||To develop high yielding temperate type carrot varieties||Availability of carrot germplasm for breeding|
|Availability of best method for temperate type carrot seed production locally|
|Availability of locally produced, F1 hybrid carrot varieties|
|1||Induced Systemic Resistance of potato against potato late blight through application of calcium||To develop potato late blight management strategy||Potato late blight management strategy|
|2||Identification of different strains of potato late blight pathogen (Phytopthora infestans) and their distribution||To identify the different strains of potato late blight pathogen||Potato late blight management strategy|
|3||Potential use of Plant Anti-viral Principles to manage virus diseases in papaya, chilli and bitter gourd||To develop environmental friendly virus disease management strategy||Environmental friendly virus diseases management strategy|
- Abeysundera, K.M., P.D. Abeytilakarathna, S.R.W.M.C.J.K. Ranawana and D.Y.A.D.D. Perera. (2020). Effect of root pruning on growth and yield performance of potatoes grown in aeroponic system. Proceeding of the International Research Conference of Uva Wellassa University, 29-30 July 2020, Badulla, Sri Lanka. http://www.erepo.lib.uwu.ac.lk/handle/123456789/5595
- Abeytilakarathna, P. D., (2021). Factors affect to stolon formation and tuberization in potato: A review. Agricultural Reviews, 43(1):91-97. https://arccjournals.com/journal/agricultural-reviews/R-187
- Abeytilakarathna, P. D., B. K. Amarasekara, P. D. K. S. Premarathna, and C. W. S. W. Wicramarathna, (2020). Effect of foliar application of gibberellic acid and steckling vernalization on flower induction of temperate type carrot variety New Kuroda. Annals of Sri Lanka Department of Agriculture, 22: 51-56.
- Abeytilakarathna, P.D., Dayani, S.M.A. Samanmali, K.R.S.C.B. Kahawandala, A.P. Rathnakumara (2022). Effect of genotype, growing medium, and pot size on potato minituber production using vermicompost leachate in soilless culture. Annals of Sri Lanka Department of Agriculture, 24 : 24-32.
- Hemarathna, E.D.M.M., Salgadoe, A.S.A., Ranasinghe, C. and Ranasinghe, W.M.A.M. (2022). New image based method for quantifying potato late blight disease severity using smart phone. International conference on Innovation and Emerging Technologies, Faculty of Technology, University of Sri Jayawardena pura Sri Lanka. Pp.31
- Hettiarachchi H.A.S.N., A.G.C. Babu, K. Dayani and S.M.A.P. Nawarathne (2020) An overview on seed potato production system in Sri Lanka, Annals of SriLanka Department of Agriculture,22:95
- Hettiarachchi, H.A.S.N. and K.S.Hemachndra (2022). Physical barriers for diamondback moth management in cabbage of up country region in Sri Lanka. Tropical Agriculture and Research Extension. 25 (3): 223-231.
- Hettiarachchi, H.A.S.N., A. M.N. Amarasingha, A.G.C Babu, K. Dayani, A.P. Rathnakumara and M. Premalatha (2019). Growth and yield performance of different planting materials of potato variety Granola in hydroponic and areoponic systems, Annals of SriLanka Department of Agriculture,21:115-118
- Hettiarachchi, H.A.S.N., A.M.N. Amarasingha, A.G.C Babu, K. Dayani and A.P. Rathnakumara (2019). Effect of different sizes of (Pre Basic Seeds) minituber on plant growth and seed yield of potato, Book of Ab racts, X International symposium ”AGROSYM 2019”, Jahorina. 272
- Hettiarachchi, H.A.S.N., M.A. Kumarage and K. M.C R. K. Bandara (2021). Influence of Weather Parameters on Seasonal Variation of Aphid and Whitefly Populations on Potato in Up-Country Wet Zone of Sri Lanka, Annals of Sri Lanka Department of Agriculture, 23:108-111.
- Hettiarachchi, H.A.S.N., M.A.Kumarage and K. M.C R. K. Bandara (2019). Effect of aphids and whiteflies infestation on potato yield in Up Country Wet Zone of Sri Lanka, Annals of Sri Lanka Department of Agriculture,21:98-101
- Hettiarachchi, H.A.S.N., M.A.Kumarage and K. M.C R. K. Bandara and K.M. Rajapaksha (2020). Evaluation of the application rate of Diglyphus isaea for managing Liriomyza huidobrensis in Up Country Wet Zone of Sri Lanka, Annals of Sri Lanka Department of Agriculture,22:42-46
- Hettiarachchi, H.A.S.N., M.A.Kumarage and K. M.C R. K. Bandara and K.M. Rajapaksha (2020). Impact of selected herbs on managing diamond back moth (Plutella xylostella) of cabbage in Sri Lanka, Annals of SriLanka Department of Agriculture,22:47-50
- Madushani, W.M.C., P. D. Abeytilakarathna, H. R. M. G. C. Thilakarathna and W. A. G. E. Wijelath, (2021). Effect of aromatic herbs on sprout inhibition and tuber quality of stored potato (Solanum tuberosum ). In 13th Annual Symposium Proceedings. Paper presented at the 13th Annual Research Symposium of the Faculty of Agriculture, Rajarata University of Sri Lanka held on 29th April 2021 (p. 22). Anuradhapura: Faculty of Agriculture, RUSL.
- Ranasinghe, C., Chathuranga, K.P.H. and Bandara, W.M.A.S. (2022). Evaluation of commercial potato varieties against late blight disease under up country wet zone of Sri Lanka with and without fungicide applications. Annual Symposium of Department of Agriculture, 24:166-168.
- Ranasinghe, C., Chathuranga, K.P.H. and Bandara, W.M.A.S. (2022). Evaluation of the effect of fungicide spraying patterns on the management of potato late blight in the upcountry wet zone in Sri Lanka. Annual Symposium of Department of Agriculture, Sri Lanka, 24:.
- Ranasinghe, C., Chathurange, K.P.H. Banadara, W.M.A.S., Navarathna, A. and Dissanayake, C. (2022). Evaluation of fumigants and fungicides to manage powdery scab pathogen infection caused by Spongospora subterranea f sp. subterranea in the soilless medium used for G1 seed potato production under polytunnels. International Symposium on Agriculture and Environment, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka.
- Ranasinghe, C., Jayasooriya, M.D.A., Chathuranga, K.P.H. and Bandara, W.M.A.S. (2022). Environmentally friendly management strategies for cabbage nursery diseases. Proceedings of the 2nd National Symposium of Sri Lanka Association for Mycology and Plant Pathology, Sri Lanka. Pp15.
- Ranasinghe, C., Karunarathne, H.K.B.M.I, Chathuranga, K.P.H., Bandara, W.M.A.S (2021). Impact of calendar-based fungicide application for the management of potato late blight in up country wet zone of Sri Lanka. Annals of Sri Lanka Department of Agriculture, 23: 120-123.
- Ranasinghe, W.M.A.M., Salgado, A.S.A. and Ranasinghe, C. (2021). Development of disease severity assessment method for potato late blight using smartphone-based imagery. Proceedings of the International Conference on Innovation and Emerging Technologies, University of Sri Jayawardena pura, Sri Lanka. p20.
- Ranasinghe, C. (2021). Development of disease severity assessment method for potato late blight using smartphone-based imagery. Proceedings of the International Conference on Innovation and Emerging Technologies, University of Sri Jayawardena pura, Sri Lanka. p20.