Address : Plant Genetic Resources Centre, P.O. Box 59, Gannoruwa, Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
Telephone : +94 812 388494
Fax : +94 812 388490
Publication List (2015- 2019)
- 1. Unique responses of three highly salt- tolerant wild Vigna species against salt stress. Junko Yoshida a.b*, Norihiko Tomookac*, Thetv Yee Khaingd, P.G.Sunil Shanthae, Hitoshi Naitof, Yosuke Matsudaa and Hiroshi Eharab,g,h aGratuate School of Bioresources, Mie University, Tsu, Japan; bGraduate School of Bioagricultural Science, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan; cGenetic Resource Center, National Agriculture and food Research Organanization, Tsukuba, Japan; dSeed Bank, Biotechnology, Plant Genetic Resource and Plant Protection Division, Department of Agriculture Research Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation, Naypidaw, Republic of the union of Myanmar; ePlant Genetic Resource Centre, Department of Agriculture Gannoruwa, Sri lanka; fCollege of Life Science, Kurashiki University of Science and The Arts, Kurashiki, Japan; 9International Center for Research and Education in Agriculture, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan; hApplied Social System Institute of Asia, Nagoya University, Nagoya,Japan.
- 1. Karaputugala P.N., Edirisinghe, E.S.C., Fonseka, D.L.C.K., Samarasinghe, W.L.G.,(2018), the use of Triphenil Tetrazoliun Chloride (TTC) reduction assay for evaluation of citrus shoot tips Dviability after cryopreservation, Sri Lanka Journal of Food And Agriculture, in press
- 2. Abeywickrama, K.G.T.A.K. Samarasinghe, W.L.G. Sumanasinghe, V.A. Edirisinghe E.S.C (2018) Analysis of diversity and determination of duplicates among twenty one Dioscorea accessions through morphological and molecular characterization, Sri Lanka Journal of Food And Agriculture, in press
- 3. Manatunga,M.M.S.L,Wasala,S.K.,Sumanasinghe,V.A.,Ubeysekara,N.M.,(2018) Genetic Diversity Analysis of “Murungakayan” Rice Accessions based on Seed Morphology and Molecular Characterization: Tropical Agricultural Research Journal in press
- 4. Thennakoon T.M. H., Samarasinghe, W.L.G., Gimhani. D.R., (2018) Phenotyping and Genotyping of Dioscores spp Germplasm, Proceeding of 17th Agriculture Research Symposium, 1-5
- 5. Mathura T, Wasala,S.K, Ranawake , A,L,. (2018) Genetic Diversity Analysis of Traditional Rice Sudu Heenati (Oryza sativa L.) Based On Seed Morphology And sSR Markers1
- 1. Edirisinghe, E.S.C., Monarawila M.W.R.G., Kulathunga, K.M.G., Denagamage, C.H. Wasala, S.K., Samarasinghe, W.L.G. (2017). In-Vitro Shoot Multiplication and Tuberization of Dioscorea alata and Dioscorea bulbifera. Annals of the Sri Lanka Department of Agriculture. 19: 339-350.
- 2. Edirisinghe, E.S.C., Denagamage, C.H., Samarasinghe W.L.G. (2017). Effect of Nutrient Medium Compositions in In-vitro Conservation of Musa spp. Annals of the Sri Lanka Department of Agriculture. 19 (2): 60-70.
- 3. Fonseka G.W.D.D., Wasala S.K., Samarasinghe W.L.G., Gimhani D.R. (2017) Genetic Diversity of traditional rice cultivar, HerathBanda based on Morphological and Molecular characterization.Proceedings of 16 th Agricultural research Symposium . part 1 26-30
- 4. Welegama.H.M.V.T., Wasala S.K.Kumarapeli S., Fonseka H.H.D., Rambukana C. Ubeysekera N.M. (2017) Revealing genetic purity of tomato variety “Thilina” based on morphological and molecular analysis. Annals of the department of Agriculture 19 (2): 175-187
- 5. Nanayakkara, N.H.L.D.L.D., Wickremasinghe, I.P., Wasala, S.K. (2017). Analysis of genetic diversity of Naimiris(Capsicum chinenseJacq.) using simple sequence repeat markers.Book of abstracts. 2nd International conference on bio sciences and biotechnology. Pg. 32.
- 6. Thanachseyan, P., Samarasinghe W.L.G., Thirukkumaran, G., (2017). Diversity Assessment of Annona muricata L. through molecular characterization using SSR Markers. International Journal of New Technology and Research. Volume: 03, Issue 9, 57-62.
- 7. Warusawithana, T.M., Samarasinghe, W.L.G., Dassanayake, P.N., Ubeysekara, N.M., Jayarathne, K.G.C.N. (2017). Genetic diversity Analysis of Traditional Rice Variety “Pachchaperumal” using SSR Markers. International Journal of Scientific and Technology Research. Volume: 06, Issue 8, 229-237.
- 8. H. Nadeeshani, S. Wimalasiri, G. Samarasinghe, R. Silva and T. Madhujith, Evaluation of the nutritional value of selected leafy vegetables grown in Sri Lanka; 29th PGIA Annual Congress; Post graduate institute of Agriculture, University of Peradeniya; 16-17 Nov 2017; P11
- 9. W.M.A.A. Kulasinghe, K.M. S. Wimalasiri, G. Samarasinghe, R. Silva and T. Madhujith , Macronutrient composition of selected traditional yams grown in Sri Lanka; 29th PGIA Annual Congress; Post graduate institute of Agriculture, University of Peradeniya; 16-17 Nov 2017; P12
- 10. W.L.G . Samarasinghe., A.B. Sartaj, T.M.C.N. Tennakoon, K.G.T.A.K. Abeywickrama, K.D.R.R. Silva, D.K.N.G. Pushpakumara, D.G.N.G. Mainstreaming Biodiversity Conservation and Sustainable use for improved human nutrition and well-being in Sri Lanka Annals of Sri Lanka Department of Agriculture (2017.19:306-316)
- 1. Wasala, S.K, HennayakeH.M.K.N.K., Gunasena,P.G.S.D, Rebeira, S.P, Kondasinghe K.M.C.L, Dhanwaththa, A.S.J. and Ubeysekara N.M. 2016. Assessment of genetic diversity among ”Suwndel” rice accessions based on morphological, molecular and physiochemical characteristics. Annals of Sri Lanka Department of Agriculture,2016: 18: 78-80
- 2. Siriwardhana S.M.T.T., Samarasinghe W.L.G. and Gimhani D.R.2016.Molecular characterization of traditional rice variety, “Kaluheenati” using Simple Sequence Markers. Proceedings of 15 th Agriculture Research Symposium(2016) 135-139
- 3. Gunawardena S.V., Edirisinghe E.S.C., Wasala S.K. and Kottearachchi N. 2016. Identification of optimum media for In-vitro shootmultiplication of Dioscorea pentaphyla. Proceedings of 15 th Agriculture Research Symposium(2016) 116-119
- 4. Nanayakkara N.H.L.D.L.D., Wickramasinghe I.P. and Wasala S.K. 2016. Analysis of genetic diversity of Naimiris (Capsicum chinense Jacq.) using Simple Sequence Repeat Markers. Proceedings of the Faculty of Agriculture Undergraduate Research Symposium (2016) 147
- 5. Abeywickrama K.G.T.A.K., Sumanasinghe V.A. and Samarasinghe W.L.G. 2016. Morphological and Molecular characterization of selected Dioscorea accessions for analyzing diversity and determining duplicates. Proceedings of the Faculty of Agriculture Undergraduate Research Symposium (2016) 53
- 1. Samarasinghe, W.L.G., Dalshini,K., Sumanasinghe, V.A. Ubeysekara, N.M.U. and Hettiarachchi, K. 2015. Characterization of ‘Suduru Samba’ Rice (Oryza sativa L.) accessions using genome wide SSR polymorphism and seed morphology. Annals of Sri Lanka Department of Agriculture, 17:36 -39.
- 2. Dhammika, W.A.R., Senanayake, D.M.J.B., Senarathna Menike, B.M.K., Edirisinghe, E.S.C., Navoditha, A.M.A. and Dassanayake, P.J.K. 2015. Interspecific hybridization and embryo rescue techniques for Chilli (Capsicum annum L.) crop improvement. Annals of Sri Lanka Department of Agriculture, 17:72-75.
- 3. Wasala, S.K, Ubeysekara N.M., Gunasekara, P.S., Wikcramasooriya, N.K., Senavirathne, S.I., Karunarathne, S.P., Senavirathne, C.M., Silva,L.C. Senanayake, D.M.J.B., Illangakoon, T.K. Somarathna, N.P., and Abeynayake, N.R. 2015. Screening of rice (Oryza sativa l.) germplasm for response to drought at reproductive stage under induced drought stress conditions. Annals of Sri Lanka Department of Agriculture, 17:47-50.
- 4. Senevirathna. H.M.S..I, Wasala. S.K., Senanayake. D.M.J.B., Weerasekara. D., Wickamasinghe. H.A.M., Deepal. P.K.G.A. (2015) Characterization and detection of yellow vein disease of okra (Abelmoschus esculentus (L) Moench) in Sri Lanka. Tropical Agricultural Research, 27(2) (In press).
- 5. Gunasena, P.G.S.D. Wasala, S.K. Sumanasingha, V.A. (2015). Molecular characterization of accessions from traditional rice cultivar, Suwandel conserved at plant genetic resources centre. Tropical Agriculture Research Vol. 27 (1) 103-109.
- 6. Wakista, P.W. Dasanayaka, P.N., Illeperuma, R.J. Perera, S.A.C.N. , Bandara, S.P.(2015). Compilation of an informative SSR Marker set for Molecular Characterization of Finger millet (Eleucine coracana L.) germplasm accessions of Sri Lanka. Compilation of and information procedures interventions conference on multidisciplinary approaches 2015. Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Sri Jayawardenapura, Nugegoda. Page 217