- Register at National Plant Quarantine Service as an exporter.
- Request made by exporter to obtain Phytosanitary certificate
- Fulfill the import conditions for exporting commodities (lab testing, visual inspection etc:-)
- If require special lab tests has to be done at central laboratories of NPQS (for this a separate request has to be made by the exporter)
- Lab test report is communicated to relevant entry port PQS by NPQS
- Bring entire consignment to Plant Quarantine station.
If Air Freight
- Compliance inspection test to inform the identify of consignment.
- All the boxes should be numbered numbers are clearly mentioned in packing list.
Special requirement for Fruit and Vegetable to Export European Union Country
Some varieties can export only from certified fields for EU Countries
EU Countries are Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece,Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands,Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK.
- Prohibited items to export to EU from Sri Lanka.
Eg:- Soil, Curry Leaves
Amaranthus Spp. ,Mukunuwanna - Temporary
- Following items should be obtained from certified field to export.
- Bitter gourd
- Snake gourd
- Citrus (require special conditions)
- Commodities that should be accompanied with lab reports from the NPQS
- No Lab reports on export following items to theEuropean Union
- Bitter gourd
- Cut flower
If Sea Freight
- for a consignment prior registered with PQS at seaport.
- Either lab tested or not
- If lab tested → test report has to be received by the PQS, Seaport
- Consignment has to be transferred to port premises or shippers go down from factory.
- Request for sample testing by PQS or samples submission for testing (Only to understand the compliance of commodity with document evidence.)
- Sample testing/inspection only if other requirements are fulfilled
- Exporter will receive a notice / approval to load the consignment to ship (prior approval)
- Exporter can submit consignment to vessel - obtain bill of lading.
- Submit bill of lading and application to obtain a PSC to PQS, seaport.
- PSC will be issued based on compliance inspection